Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BEAUTY CONFESSIONS: CHANTEL MILLER Senior Mac Artist

Fashion Confessions of Chantel Miller senior MAC make-up artist
This senior MAC make-up artist loves modern art, art history and re-inventing the past to make it new. They all provide her with inspiration for her work, which includes creating a look for a Broadway show and editorial shoots for Cosmopolitan and Surface magazine. Other professional highlights include working with celebrities like Steven Tyler, Cameron Diaz, Alicia Keys and Shakira.
Fashion Confessions of Chantel Miller senior MAC make-up artist
WHAT’S YOUR BEAUTY ADDICTION?
My beauty addiction is the well-placed "dewy" highlight. It gives every face (including mine) the soft glow of candle-light. MAC Cosmetics ‘Cream Color Base’ in Shell ($18.50) or MAC Cosmetics ‘Strobe Liquid’ ($31) are the two "go-to products" that add the perfect amount of color and texture to the cheekbones, bridge of nose and cupid's bow.

WHAT’S YOUR FAV COLORS FOR THE SEASON?
My season’s favorites are the gypsy-chic jewel tones and rich burnt red lip colors like MAC Cosmetics lipstick in ‘Viva Glam’ ($15). It’s about saturated spice tones and sexy liner. Makeup has the spotlight this season and every girl needs a kajal-type liner like MAC Cosmetics ‘Eye Kohl’ in Smolder ($15) –the name says it all!

WHOSE MAKE-UP WOULD YOU LOVE TO DO?
One of the great things about being in this industry for 17 years is that I have been fortunate enough to work on inspiring faces every day. Take me back in the time machine and I would be hoping to get my brushes on Grace Kelly.

ONE THING YOU COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
I simply can't live without my MAC Cosmetics Face and Body Foundation ($33). Massaging it into the skin like a moisturizer is the trick to this iconic finish. It works on every skin I touch –when I am looking for that light, airy, perfectly young and fresh skin.

WHAT’S THE MOST PRIZED POSSESSION IN YOUR CLOSET?
My most prized possession is this great belt I found at a Goodwill years ago. It is made of metal tubes and black leather and I am convinced there is not another one like it on the planet. Every time I wear it –people stop me in the street to ask about it. There is something special about knowing you scored an amazing accessory, no one else has, for a dollar!

WHO’S YOUR STYLE ICON?
Iris Apfel is my style icon. Need I say more? She embodies the spirit of the individual and her style truly embodies her fearless embrace of color.
Iris Apfel Chantel Miller senior MAC make-up artist style icon
Iris Apfel photographed by Franco Vogt

2 comments:

  1. Amazing post!! Loved it! Made my make-up loving heart jump :-)

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    btw..giveaway just started on my blog, win a Turquise sirena bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site.Personal Senior Care Homes

    ReplyDelete