Monday, November 04, 2013

THE LIMITED CELEBRATES GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY

Me a Model?!?

When The Limited asked me and two other bloggers, Christine of The View from 5 ft 2 and Jess of Jess and Jill to be part of their golden anniversary event I was incredibly excited. When I found out I’d be walking down the runway with ‘real’ models…
[Jessica Voice Over]: I couldn't help but wonder...is this my Carrie Bradshaw moment?

[Flashback to SATC 2001]
Carrie: I do not belong on a runway, runways are for models not writers.
Charlotte: What’s the difference between strutting down a runway and the way you strut down Fifth Avenue?
Carrie: Strut? Do I strut? Am I a strutter?
Carrie: I just… I cannot imagine walking down a runway where all the people sit there and judge me.
Charlotte: No one would judge you.
Carrie: We judge models all the time.
Miranda: But, you’re not a model you’re one of the real people.
Carrie: Exactly and I don’t want people to think that I can’t see the difference between a model and me.

[Back to 2013 reality]
After much consideration I said yes as I was incredibly honored to be asked. I just prayed I wouldn’t fall over and be fashion road kill like Carrie.
[Jessica V.O.]: The only question left to ask was “do I get to keep the clothes?”

THE LIMITED CELEBRATES GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY in Chicago
THE LIMITED CELEBRATES GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY in Chicago
Co-hosts for the night Chicago’s own Corri McFadden with Elliot Staples, The Limited's senior vice president of design.
Co-hosts for the night Chicago’s own Corri McFadden and Elliot Staples, The Limited's senior vice president of design.

At 5”8’ I never thought of myself as short but compared to these ‘real’ models I am!

Backstage with my new besties, Jess of Jess and Jill, Christine of The View from 5 ft 2 and Corri!

The Limited's anniversary collection consisted of three key trends, military, equestrian and leather. Along with the models each trend had a guest blogger walking the runway in their own personal take of the look. I of course was given the Equestrian trend, [Jessica V.O.]: Was it cos of my British connections?

The ‘real’ models in some of my fav looks of the night...
All looks are available online at TheLimited.com

The ‘non-models’ aka fashion bloggers.

Charlie and his angles!

[Jessica V.O.] The whole night was a huge success and made me wonder what I was ever nervous about? BTW I got to keep the clothes!

For these looks and more go to TheLimited.com

All photos by Todd Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment