Wednesday, March 26, 2014

FASHIONABLE DISCOVERIES: Jo Malone London x Michael Angove

I remember clearly when I first became a devotee of Jo Malone London. It was the early 00's and I was working at InStyle. We were all given a Jo Malone candle, I can't remember why? Maybe it was for xmas? As a fashion assistant I was on a tight income and not willing to spend lots of money on things like lux candles. I didn't think they were worth it. That all changed once I smelt Jo Malone. I was hooked and quickly realized there was a difference in the scent quality between a cheap and luxurious candle. Accompanied by their minimal ultra chic packaging it just added to the elegance and appeal of the brand.
Jessica Moazami's photo of MICHAEL ANGOVE FOR JO MALONE LONDON collab
During the last 20 years Jo Malone continues to excite and delight with new launches that includes collaborations with amazing artists and designers keeping things fresh. And speaking of fresh, this spring sees Malone team up with British artist, Michael Angove. As a textiles, wallpaper and fabric designer, Angove has created designs for prestigious brands such as Liberty of London, Jean Paul Gaultier, Hugo Boss and Farrow & Ball.
Artist MICHAEL ANGOVE designing FOR JO MALONE LONDON collab
For Malone, Angove carefully chose two scents from the current line, Blackberry & Bay and Orange Blossom, as his inspiration to create a limited edition packaging. His botanical style of design - which is on trend just check out Christopher Kane's S/S collection -has created new life to the established brand pairing these amazing scents with a decorative statement. This home collection consists of a candle, scented sachets, diffuser and bath soap.
Blackberry & Bay Home Candle 200g, $70

Orange Flower Scent Surround™ Diffuser 165ml, $85

Blackberry & Bay Scented Sachets, $35

Blackberry & Bay and Orange Blossom Bath Soap Collection, $40

I caught up with Angove on his recent visit to Chicago's stylish Thompson hotel where we chatted about all things fabulous.
Jessica Moazami with Artist MICHAEL ANGOVE designing FOR JO MALONE LONDON collab
WHAT'S YOUR BEAUTY ADDICTION?
I know I shouldn't say this but it’s Vetyver by Jo Malone London.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT LONDON?
The availability, you could go out at 3am in the morning and you can get a cappuccino. I love that -that kind of accessibility of things is just amazing, 24-7!

DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE?
Dandy? I try to dress kinda sharp cos I'm kinda short. It's a mix up a bit of vintage and a bit Euro -nice suits, nice jackets, nice ties you can't go wrong.

WHO'S YOUR STYLE ICON?
I adore Dries Van Noten cos he's a print a person as well. I love print and I don't think men wear enough prints.

WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE FASHION DESIGNERS?
I have several. I love Diane von Furstenberg I think she is a print queen. Comme des Garçons is really just bonkers and fabulous. I also think Paul Smith is still a strong contender.

ONE THING YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT?
I can't live without shinny shoes. Without this I'm nothing and I know that sounds a bit silly but it just makes me complete -a nice shinny pair of black shoes.

WHATS INSPIRES YOU?
The kookiness of nature is a huge inspiration and to see it you have to look really closely. And you have to be surrounded by it all the time.

Available at Jo Malone™ Boutiques, jomalone.com, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Neiman Marcus from 1st April 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment