Monday, July 17, 2017

BEAUTY CONFESSIONS: Christina Mace-Turner, CEO of True Botanicals

As a leader within some of the most innovative companies in the world, first Apple and then Flipboard, Christina has a career-long habit of leveraging technology to transform consumer experiences. After becoming a serious user of True Botanicals and fan of their philosophy, the idea of giving the beauty industry a complete tech make-over took shape — and she knew this was the brand to do it. Christina soon joined the team to take their direct sales model to the next level, delivering unprecedented transparency, greater value, and superior results to their growing clientele, while also highlighting and rewarding the sustainable farmers who provide the ingredients for True Botanicals products. Knowing that she is creating meaningful change within an industry that was so desperately in need of it makes this latest chapter in her career incredibly rewarding.

WHAT’S YOUR BEAUTY ADDICTION?
I go crazy if I am separated from our Renew Mist for more than a day. I'm obsessed with the smell - so relaxing - and the way it makes my skin feel. I have travel sized versions of it in every bag and I keep a bottle of it on my desk for quick pick me ups. When my teenage kids start to get really irritated with me, I spray it on their faces to calm them down!

WHAT’S THE BEST PART OF YOUR JOB?
I get to go to work every day with people I adore and admire, and focus on a mission that means so much to each of us. We are dedicated to empowering our customers and changing the beauty industry for the better; while it's hard work, it's incredibly gratifying.

FAVORITE VACATION DESTINATION?
Hydra, Greece. I've been going there since I was a child, and it hasn't changed a bit. Donkey's, clear water and the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.

WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
My daughters. I learn so much from them!

LAST FILM YOU WATCHED?
"At the Fork" which is a documentary about meat production in the United States. Doesn't sound very entertaining, but it actually is so interesting!

YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH GROWING UP?
Ricky Schroder was my 12 year old celebrity crush. I loved "Silver Spoons" and went with a group of friends to the mall to stand on line for hours to get his autograph. When I finally got to the front of the line, I asked for a kiss, of course.

CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH?
Inez & Vinoodh and how they manage to turn every portrait they take into a work of art.

SUM YOURSELF UP IN THREE WORDS...
Driven. Excited. Alive.

WHAT'S THE ONE THING IN YOUR MAKE-UP BAG YOU COULDN'T LIVE WITHOUT?
True Botanicals eye & lip balm.

DRINK OF CHOICE?
Dirty Tito's martini. It's my go to.

LAST TIME YOU WERE STARSTRUCK?
A dinner with Tom Wolfe years ago. I only really get starstruck with great authors.

LAST TIME YOU WERE LATE?
Ummm, is that a rhetorical question?

True Botanicals is available at truebotanicals.com and Barneys New York.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great content here I love this post very much wifikill link2sd apk editor

    ReplyDelete