Monday, March 25, 2013

FASHION CONFESSIONS: ERIKA MILLER Jewelry Designer

Fashion confessions of Erika Miller of Elm Consulting
Erika Miller’s career with Elm Consulting focuses on strategies behind a fashion brand's keyword visibility in search engines. She has helped sites such as ELLE, Refinery29, and OS-Fashion with their search marketing and optimization. With a strong technical background, she is now pursuing her creative side, a love of jewelry designing at Studio Jewelers Ltd., in New York.
Erika Miller of Elm Consulting's  jewelry collection at Studio Jeweler Ltd.
WHAT’S YOUR JEWELRY ADDICTION?
For me jewelry creates a statement that is very personal, and that statement can enhance the outfit or add just the right flair. I have an attraction to geometric jewelry, statement necklaces, and cuffs, but my true addiction is to gem and crystal rings.

TELL ME WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BIG JEWELRY TRENDS FOR SS13?
Gem and crystal statement pieces, tribal jewelry, 3D rings.

WHAT WAS THE INSPIRATION BEHIND YOUR CURRENT COLLECTION?
Behind my collection the inspiration can be described as boho biker goes tribal. I describe myself as a ‘hippie who loves Gucci,’ and my pieces help show both sides of me. My collection includes both eccentric high-end pieces and pieces that are handcrafted and grounding.

IN YOUR OPINION WHAT JEWELRY RULES ARE MEANT TO BE BROKEN?
Jewelry should not be refined and delicate. There is a time to break out and be bold with a statement piece. There is, however, also the time for pearls.

HOW DO YOU MAKE A STATEMENT WITH YOUR JEWELRY WITHOUT GOING OVER THE TOP?
Jewelry is like the paint on a canvas. It must tell a story. To connect the pieces with my outfit is simple; if my outfit is color blocked, my jewelry can be more playful and make a bold statement. However if the outfit is full of patterns or prints, then a subtle necklace or drop earring will do. I use jewelry as a way to enhance my look by making a bold or elegant statement. For me, fashion is the canvas and jewelry is the paint. The two must work together so that there is a story to be told about the look.

WHAT'S THE ONE ITEM OF JEWELRY YOU SHOULD NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOUSE WITHOUT?
My diamond studs. (Sorry I’m both bold and refined!)
Erika Miller of Elm Consulting's  jewelry collection at Studio Jeweler Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment