Monday, March 04, 2013

FASHION CONFESSIONS: JENNIFER CHUN Designer

Jennifer Chun started off her career working with some of the greats including Michael Kors and Derek Lam before launching her own line in 2009. Blending interesting fabrics and classic silhouettes each season, her clothes are feminine and casually refined. This New York based designer has managed to create an effortless polish with strong European influences. She has an incredible understanding of the importance of structure and tailoring. While at New York fashion week I had the opportunity to interview Jennifer and see her Autumn/Winter ‘13 collection.
WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
I'm not really a bag girl, but I have a severe shoe addiction problem. I must have so many different pairs and version of an oxford I think my husband is cutting me off. I don't always wear heels, but I still like buying them.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT LIVING IN NEW YORK?
I am a restless person, and I rarely sit still even when I'm sick. There is always something to do and see in NYC, so I'm never bored!

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE?
"Modern Tomboy", not so put together or overdressed.

WHAT’S INSPIRED SPRING/SUMMER’S COLLECTION?
All the art Nouveau architecture, prints and colors I saw on my vacation to Barcelona.

WHO WOULD YOU LOVE TO DRESS?
Melanie Laurent; I love how effortless she is.

ONE THING YOU COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
Every year I buy an old school calendar book. I have to write down what I need to do everyday. Whenever I pull it out in meetings people laugh at me, but I would be lost without it!

Photo of Jennifer Chun by Emma Arnold of TRÉS AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment