Wednesday, October 23, 2013

FASHION CONFESSIONS: ROBERT RODRIGUEZ Fashion Designer

I sat down with the talented designer, Robert Rodriguez, on the eve of his 10th year anniversary party at Neiman Marcus to ask the really important questions in life.
FASHION CONFESSIONS with fashion designer ROBERT RODRIGUEZ
WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
Shoes!!! I love shoes I actually have a love affair with shoes. I will buy shoes before I buy anything else. I have roughly over 50-60 pairs in my closet. I can wear just a simple pair of jeans and a white T-shirt everyday but I have to wear a fabulous pair of shoes. And that’s me.

WHAT CHANGES HAVE YOU MADE TO THE BRAND FOR YOUR 10TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY?
After 10 years we wanted to give it a face-lift. We’ve revamped the collection, taken it into a fresh direction. We’ve also launched a new logo and built a new showroom in NY –it looks like a spaceship very futuristic and very cool. We’re all just so excited about it.
fashion designer ROBERT RODRIGUEZ's Fall/Winter 13 collection
Autumn/Winter ’13 Collection

WHO’S THE ROBERT RODRIGUEZ GIRL?
She’s a lot of things. You know she’s a downtown girl and uptown girl, she’s strong, she’s confident and fashion forward. Loves fashion and a hip girl who loves fashion.

YOU HAVE DRESSED SO MANY STYLISH WOMEN INCLUDING AGNELINA JOLIE, SCARLETT JOHANSSON, NICOLE KIDMAN WHO’S BEEN YOUR FAV TO DRESS?
I love all of them but Eva Longoria stands out for me. I did a black dress for her and she was really sexy in it.
Eva Longoria in a ROBERT RODRIGUEZ dress
WHAT’S THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THIS SEASON’S COLLECTION?
Fall/winter collection was inspired by glam punk. I wanted to reference the late 70s and early 80s but show how a girl would wear it today. So I didn’t want it to be literal and I didn’t want it to be obvious. I played around a lot with Debbie Harry’s look. That was my muse.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT LIVING IN LA?
LA is very inspiring for me as a New Yorker. The lovely weather, beautiful nature and architecture are all very inspiring. There is also a very eclectic feel and lots of amazing street fashion, which I love.
fashion designer ROBERT RODRIGUEZ's Fall/Winter 13 collection
Autumn/Winter ’13 Collection

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE?
I’m very simple, t-shirt, pair of jeans, great shoes and a watch –no other jewelry. It’s understated elegance!

WHAT’S THE MOST PRIZED POSSESSION IN YOUR CLOSET?
A deep red vintage leather motorcycle jacket that I won’t ever give up. I normally don’t wear color so I treasure this piece and I know I won’t ever find something like this again.
fashion designer ROBERT RODRIGUEZ's Fall/Winter 13 collection
Autumn/Winter ’13 Collection

HOW ARE YOU PLANNING ON CELEBRATING YOUR 10th YEAR ANNIVERSARY?
We’re party hopping! We had a big launch party in Toronto two weeks ago. Tonight we’re celebrating with Neiman Marcus as part of their new store renovation and launch of the CUSP boutique, which is really cool. Then Off to LA for fashion week and then to South Beach Miami for an event at Art Basel.
Robert Rodriguez and jessica moazami aka Fashion Junkie at his 10th year anniversary party at CUSP Neiman Marcus

Robert Rodriguez and jessica moazami at his 10th year anniversary party.
Robert Rodriguez and I at his 10th year anniversary party.

No comments:

Post a Comment