Monday, June 01, 2015

BEAUTY CONFESSIONS: SAM AND NIC Make-up Artists, Beauty Bloggers and Vloggers

Samantha and Nicola Chapman are the British duo behind beauty blog and YouTube channel phenomenon Pixiwoo. The sisters both started their careers as make-up artists working Paris and Milan fashion week as well as having editorials published in Harper’s Bazaar, Tatler, Brides and Elle –to name just a few. However, they became internet sensations after creating professional make-up tutorials to help women achieve amazing looks with ease. Now with over 1 million subscribers it wasn’t long before beauty brands came calling –including Chicago’s own, Paris Presents. Together they developed a quality cruelty-free yet affordable make-up brush line called 'Real Techniques'. It’s quickly become the number one best selling brushes in the UK and fourth in the US. I caught up with the sisters at the launch of their second line, 'Bold Metals Collection'.
Sam & Nic Chapman the British duo behind the beauty brand Pixiwoo
Nicola (left) and Samantha Chapman (right)


WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
SAM: Shoes and handbags. They always look great, even if you put on a few pounds.
NIC: My fashion addiction is definitely shoes. They always look good no matter how you feel.
Interviewing Sam & Nic Chapman of beauty brand Pixiwoo

YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH GROWING UP?
SAM: Mostly Kurt Cobain and also Johnny Depp in 21 Jump Street. Oh...and sometimes Axl Rose ☺
NIC: My male crushes were Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze from Point Break, may he rest in peace. I also have a really embarrassing one that was Hulk Hogan (holds head in shame), I don't know why I just loved him. My female crush was Paula Abdul and Madonna.
Real Techniques brushes by Sam & Nic of Pixiwoo
WHO’S YOUR BEAUTY ICON?
SAM: Kate Moss. I think she is a timeless beauty with unique style.
NIC: My mother.

BIGGEST MAKE-UP FAUX PAS?
SAM: Trying to achieve the nude look with brown lipstick, eyeshadow and blush.
NIC: All through school I wore the wrong color foundation of started with one 5 shades to light and moved to one 10 shades to orange.
BEST PRODUCT OR TIP FOR TACKLING DARK CIRCLES?
SAM: Cold tea bags work really well. The caffeine encourages circulation in the area.
NIC: I think to really cover dark circles well you need to use 2 concealers – one that's a little coverage with a warm tone and the other the exact color of your skin with a stronger coverage that is just applied to the very dark areas of the eye.
Fashion Junkie, Jessica Moazami interviewing Sam & Nic from Pixiwoo
YOU FEEL MOST BEAUTIFUL WHEN?
SAM: My kids tell me I look pretty.
NIC: I have a bit of a holiday tan glow.

WHICH REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSH IS YOUR FAVORITE? AND WHY?
SAM: Right now I'm obsessed with the Bold Metals 100 arched powder brush but I change my mind all the time.
NIC: This changes all the time but at the moment it’s our new sculpting brush. I love it for foundation and blusher and contour.
Real Techniques new Bold Metals Collections by Sam & Nic of Pixiwoo
FAVORITE VACATION DESTINATION?
SAM: The Maldives although I've never been there on holiday. I went there on a 3 week photo shoot once though. It's pretty idyllic.
NIC: Anywhere in the world with my husband and kids but for a short city break Rome and for a long relaxing holiday the Maldives.

Real Techniques and Bold Metals Collection are available at realtechniques.com, Ulta, Walgreens and Kohl’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment