Wednesday, June 17, 2015

FASHIONABLE CONFESSIONS: Georgia May Jagger

When your dad is Mick Jagger and your mom is Jerry Hall would you be anything but cool? As their youngest daughter, she has clearly inherited her mom’s model good looks and her dad’s Rock'n'Roll coolness. However don’t be fooled, Georgia May Jagger might have shot to fame because of her parents but she’s carved out her own place in the fashion world. At 23, this fashionable Londoner has already reached supermodel status by gracing the covers of most major publications including Vogue, Dazed & Confused, Pop, Harper’s Bazaar and i-D. As a fashion week regular she's walked for Alexander Wang, Louis Vuitton, Isabel Marant, Marc Jacobs and Giles. She’s also fronted major campaigns from Mulberry and Miu Miu to H&M and Rimmel. Known for her rock-inspired-sex-kitten look she's often spotted hanging out or working with her model besties Cara Delevingne and Suki Waterhouse –see the April cover of British Vogue. It doesn't stop there with her diversifying into designing (Hudson jeans) plus curating a 'Minnie Style' exhibition for September's London Fashion week. I posed some questions to the recently named Global Brand Ambassador for Sunglass Hut and found out more about her musical and fashion tastes.
Georgia May Jagger on the cover of British Vogue Feb 2014 issue
WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
Sunglasses are like shoes, it’s a guilty pleasure accessory that you can never have too many of!

DO YOU HAVE A FAV PAIR?
My favorite sunglasses would be Ray-Ban Clubmasters. They can be casual when paired with jean shorts and a t-shirt or glam with a cocktail dress. I’m really into the mirrored lenses that are more rock &roll and their foldable options, which are great to travel with.
Georgia May Jagger's favorite pair of sunglasses the Ray-Ban Clubmasters from Sunglass Hut
Ray-Ban Clubmasters, $299, Sunglass Hut

LAST SONG YOU DOWNLOADED?
I can’t recall the last song but I listen to a lot of old music most of the time such as Jimmy Hendrix, Prince and James Brown.

WHO’S YOUR STYLE ICON?
My mum is my style icon and my sister Lizzy always inspires me too!
Georgia May Jagger's mother and style icon Jerry Hall
 Mother and style icon Jerry Hall 

WHAT’S THE MOST PRIZED POSSESSION IN YOUR CLOSET?
A vintage leopard Thierry Mugler dress from my mum.

WHICH DESIGNERS DO YOU WORSHIP?
I really like Isabel Marant, Thierry Mugler and Alexander McQueen.
One Georgia May Jagger's favorite designer Alexander McQueen
Alexander McQueen S/S '13

WHAT’S YOUR BIGGEST FASHION FAUX PAS?
I tend to not like anything overly girly and sparkly. A piece here and there works but not a full on outfit.

TELL US ONE THING ABOUT YOURSELF THAT NO ONE KNOWS?
If I wasn’t a model, I would be a photographer. If I wasn’t a photographer, I wanted to be a veterinarian.
Shot in the Bahamas Georgia May Jagger in Sunglass Hut #ElectrigySummer campaign
YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH GROWING UP?
The boys from N’Sync!

AND LASTLY YOU SHOT THE SUNGLASS HUT #ELECTRIFYSUMMER CAMPAIGN IN THE BAHAMAS WHAT’S YOU FAV THING ABOUT THE SUMMER?
Summer is all about having fun and relaxing with my family and friends. I love to go to music festivals during the summer time and spend time in London. I also love to go to the beach!

1 comment: