Friday, June 05, 2015

FASHION CONFESSIONS: LOUISE ROE TV Host and Fashion Journalist

You might have seen her doing red carpet interviews for ‘Access Hollywood’ or maybe it was hosting NBC’s competition show, ‘Fashion Star’ or it could’ve been on MTVs ‘The City’ or ‘Plain Jane’. This British born LA transport, Louise Roe, has certainly made a name for herself stateside. Along with her numerous TV work she also contributes to style magazines (People StyleWatch and Luxdeco Interiors magazine) and has a style blog, Front Roe, which she’s just turned into her first book by the same name. I caught up with Louise at Westfield Old Orchard’s Fash Bash to discuss London, LA and of course fashion.
TV host and fashion journalist, Louise Roe, dishes LA, London and Fashion at the Westfiield Old Orchasrd Fash Bash
WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
Shoes, I’m a shoe girl and it’s funny because I was always just into heels, I mean I’m 5’9” I didn’t’ care if they made me 6’4” but now I love flats as well. I’m just addicted to shoes I’ve got a problem!

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT LIVING IN LA?
The weather hands down. It gets a bad rap as a city but I’ve met some of the kindest most motivated, interesting people there as well. You know there are great people who live there, as well as not so wonderful.

WHAT’S WAS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT LIVING IN LONDON?
You’ve lived there so you know that it’s so like NY in a very different sense. There is an energy and soul to that city that you can not replace or copy anywhere. It’s like alive and I think that’s to do with the history and culture and also the people.

WHAT DO YOU MISS ABOUT LONDON?
The British sense of humor, it’s so awesome. I miss that sense of humor being in LA.

YOUR CELEBRITY CRUSH GROWING UP?
Joey McIntyre from New Kids on The Block

WHO’S THE NICEST STAR ON THE RED CARPET?
That’s a great question. Most people actually. Heidi Klum is a pleasure to speak to. George Clooney is so polite and so clever. Michael Douglas remembered my name after I’d only interviewed him once! I think the bigger the star the more manners, in my experience. They are like the real deal.

THE CELEBRITY YOUR ALWAYS MOST EXCITED TO SEE ON THE RED CARPET?
The ones that take the risks like Diane Kruger. It’s not necessarily like the biggest star, it’s the one who always does something interesting. That being said when you see J Lo in real life. She is jaw droppingly flawless and stunning so she’s always amazing to see in the flesh.

WHO WOULD YOU LOVE TO INTERVIEW THAT YOU HAVEN’T YET?
I get really excited about the people behind the scenes like the designers and to be really honest most of them I have interviewed but if I could bring him back, Yves Saint Laurent would be amazing. I’ve been lucky enough to interview Giorgio Armani, Karl Largerfeld and Valentino. Those people actually intrigue me and inspire me even more than the talent in front of the camera.

WHAT’S THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LONDON AND LA FASHION?
The weather actually changes things because you’re looking for brighter colors and lighter weight maxi dresses or cute little cut off shorts, it’s very casual there [LA]. So I often wonder if London would be like that if it had the weather and it probably would change it but there’s definitely a more grungy vibe in London. You know chipped nail varnish, a biker jacket and flat boots, the girls are a lot more edgy but for me I’m not really that girl, I prefer the LA vibe.

ONE THING ABOUT YOURSELF THAT NO ONE KNOWS?
I got bitten on the foot by a shark in the Maldives.

LAST TIME YOU WERE DRUNK?
Probably with my friend Greg at the weekend, we went to a party with friends visiting from London, it was lots of fun.

TV host and fashion journalist, Louise Roe, interviewed by Jessica Moazami aka Fashion Junkie  at the Westfiield Old Orchasrd Fash Bash for fashion blog
Louise Roe’s book, Front Roe, is now available on Amazon.
Louise Roe's book Front Roe available on Amazon


Photos by Your Trendy magazine to see more from the event click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment