Sunday, May 22, 2011

SHOPPING SPLURGES

I haven’t updated this in a long time as I was worried my husband would see how much shopping I’ve been doing and that’s something I obviously don’t want.

When we moved from London to Chicago I got rid of many items as I didn’t think it was worth shipping anything high street. I did however keep all my designer pieces. So I need to start again with my Spring/Summer basics, for example I don’t have any shorts or white jeans.

I’ve also noticed that my style has changed recently perhaps because I’m getting older? In my late 20s I wore lots of Marc by Marc Jacobs because I loved it’s quirkiness. Now in my early 30s I’ve gone for a slightly more sophisticated look in terms of fabrics and colors but still having interesting tailored cuts. I’m so in LOVE with 3.1 Phillip Lim, Celine, Elizabeth & James and Helmut lang.

With the weather finally starting to get warmer I decided it was time to start shopping. Here is my list of recent purchases:


Diana Von Furstenberg wrap dress; my first one and it looks so sexy
Diana Von Furstenberg chiffon summer dress


3.1 Phillip Lim black flat-front skinny pants
3.1 Phillip Lim nude sheer striped top
and.....



J BrandAspen’ Mid-Rise Skinny Ankle white Jeans




J Brand ‘Love Story’ flare leg white jeans



Rebecca Taylor silk summer dress in melon




Michael Kors patent nude ballet flat; everyone should have a pair









3.1 Phillip Lim Double Breasted Pea Coat with Trompe l'Oeil Collar & Cuffs
The leather collar and cuffs are removable to create a classic pea coat







Elizabeth and James mini dress




Next week my WISH LIST.....even with all this I still have a list of items I NEED to buy!


No comments:

Post a Comment