Monday, June 11, 2012

BEAUTY CONFESSIONS: ALY HAZLEWOOD Hair & Make-up Artist

Aly Hazelwood bio
Aly Hazelwood had an epiphany at the age of 29 and realized that if she carried on in her boring London office job she might lose her mind altogether. She mustered up some pluck, quit her job, retrained as a make-up artist, and has never looked back. Now Aly’s working in the international fashion arena, having her editorial shoots published in Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan and Glamour. She also has a large celebrity client base that includes Courtney Love, Dita Von Teese, Eliza Doolittle and the late Amy Winehouse. Once a Beauty Editor for The Hub Magazine,  Aly currently writes a  popular beauty blog, THE TRUTH ABOUT BEAUTY, as well as contributing beauty and travel features to various print publications. Aly loves traveling the world painting faces and is endlessly grateful for the way
things turned out.

Photography by Colin Ross

WHAT’S YOUR BEAUTY ADDICTION?
Skin care. I'm obsessed with creams, serums, facial oils.

WHOSE MAKE-UP WOULD YOU LOVE TO DO?
Kate Moss. I love her face, always have.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE DRUNK?
At the weekend, it was my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend.

WHAT’S THE MOST PRIZED POSSESSION IN YOUR CLOSET?
A black Vanessa Bruno coat with cropped sleeves. It’s a classic.

WHICH DESIGNERS DO YOU WORSHIP?
Even though I work in fashion, I'm not one for blowing lots of cash on clothes. If money was no object, I'd wear a lot of Phillip Lim, Isabel Marant and Alexander Wang.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT LIVING IN LONDON?
I love Hackney, East London is so vibrant, creative and multicultural. It's very inspiring to live in such a creative community. I don't love the noise though!

No comments:

Post a Comment