Wednesday, August 22, 2012

FASHION CONFESSIONS: LAURA FANTACCI Fashion Stylist and Blogger

A fashion & shopping editor at RED MAGAZINE in London, Laura works on editorial, commercial and advertising projects, both as a fashion and still life stylist. She also has a very successful blog, WEARING IT TODAY, which is a peek into a stylist’s wardrobe. Styling models for a shoot is one thing but trying to look good in every day life is quite another. So Laura puts in the groundwork and tests out trends for everyday life. But it is also an opportunity for her to share brilliant finds, styling tips, and search out inspiration that you can make your own. It's become the answer to the question "Where's that from?"
WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
It would have to be t-shirts; I just can't seem to get enough of them. My eye usually falls on neon, stripy and grey. American apparel does my absolute favorite grey marl style, which is one of my wardrobe staples. I do however regularly edit them as I hate clutter and like to have a selection of crisp new ones at hand.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT LIVING IN LONDON?
The fact that I live in the center of the world but I can sleep with my window open and don't hear a peep...

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE?
Classic with a twist. I like to think that my wardrobe is built around everlasting classics which I update every season with the trends that I love.

WHAT DOES FASHION MEAN TO YOU?
Its part of the visual take I have on life on general - quite plainly I love things that look pretty and it comes completely natural to me to think have an aesthetical interest in everything.

ONE THING YOU COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
A good bag. Take away all the rest but a designer bag holds the fort to a successful outfit.

WHICH DESIGNERS DO YOU WORSHIP?
I think Miuccia Prada is always ahead of the game.

2 comments: