Friday, March 15, 2013

BEAUTY CONFESSIONS: CYNTHIA ALVAREZ Hairstylist

Ojon hairstylist Cynthia Alvarez talks to Fashion Junkie
Cynthia Alvarez, a talented hairstylist, travels the world to work on runways shows, world stages, magazines, music videos and films. After touring with Alicia Keys, Cynthia’s clientele list has grown as she continues to work with some of the world’s most incredible beauties from Zoe Kravitz to Shakira. She’s on track to become one of the world’s leading hair stylists by staying ahead of the curve and using the latest techniques. I met Cynthia when I was invited to Ojon’s Treatment Triage during NY Fashion Week.
celebrity hairstylist and Ojon lover Cynthia Alvarez reveals her fashion confessions
WHAT’S YOUR BEAUTY ADDICTION?
My beauty addiction is Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. It creates a smooth, flawless base for my foundation and stays put even during long days on set.

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE?
I would describe my personal style as urban chic: a mixture of high fashion pieces with street style. I’m a woman with curves so I tend to gravitate toward clothes that help accentuate an hourglass shape, tastefully. A trendy blazer, trousers and pumps are never too far away!

WHOSE HAIR WOULD YOU LOVE TO DO?
I would absolutely love to do Jennifer Lopez's hair. Her hair is the most coveted and the fact that we were raised in the same neighborhood makes me want to work with her that much more. She was such an inspiration to me that I'd love to pick her brain while tousling her hair.

BEST TIP TO KEEP YOUR HAIR IN GOOD CONDITION?
The best hair tip I could give someone would be to consistently moisturize. We tend to over process our hair with chemicals and heat styling without realizing the need to combat the dryness with hair penetrating oils. Ojon Rare Blend Oil treatment is my staple recommendation because it’s super easy to apply and is very effective at repairing, preventing, and treating damaged strands. Apply to freshly washed, damp hair and you’re done! It absorbs quickly and acts as a heat protector as well. Easy for women on the go!

WHAT’S THE MOST PRIZED POSSESSION IN YOUR CLOSET?
The most prized possession in my closet is a limited edition Louis Vuitton handbag I snagged in Paris as a gift to myself after a long world tour. It’s a traditional shape with metallic leather accents and camouflaged logos. I’ve yet to see another person wearing the bag and only real fashionistas recognize where it’s from.

ONE THING YOU COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
I could not live without my iPhone and all its wonderful apps...I’m pretty obsessed!! If my hands are free for longer than 10 mins, I’m going through withdrawal. I’m constantly updating and refreshing my social networks, texting, and replying to emails. Instagram might have to be the runner up. Needless to say, I have a problem, lol.
Cynthia Alvarez recommends Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy, $35
Rare Blend Oil Total Hair Therapy, $35, by Ojon.

4 comments:

  1. Great interview!!! Always good to read what other pros have to say!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with your readers. I liked learning more about what inspires this well known hairstylist and what influences her own sense of style. I agree with her tip on moisturizing hair. It is so important to find affordable products that help us keep our hair soft, smooth and silky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so right about moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete