Thursday, October 24, 2013

FASHION CONFESSIONS: ELLIOT STAPLES Senior Vice President of Design for The Limited

In celebration of The Limited’s 50th Anniversary they’re throwing a private fashion show tonight, October 24th from 6 to 8 PM at The Limited Water Tower (845 N. Michigan Ave., 4th floor). Walking down the runway along with the models will be guest bloggers (including myself!!) showcasing the current key trends for the season. I sat down with The Limited’s senior vice president of design, Elliot Staples, to find out some of his fashion addictions.
WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
Denim and classic mariner stripped tees

WHAT’S THE INSPIRATION BEHIND THE 50TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION?
The dresses were inspired by different decades. The roaring and glamours 20s, 30s movie star icons and the lady-like 50s.

WHO’S YOUR STYLE ICON?
Tom Ford. He has a uniform. He is true to his form and lives his brand.
WHAT’S THE MOST PRIZED POSSESSION IN YOUR CLOSET?
My prized possession of the moment is my camouflage printed dome satchel Prada bag.

WHICH DESIGNERS DO YOU WORSHIP?
Professionally a key influence to me is Miuccia Prada because she is courageous and provokes thought. She combines art and fashion.

ONE THING YOU COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
My Comme des Garçons double zip wallet.
Elliot Staples and I at The Limited's 50th anniversary party.

Coming up I’ll show you how to get my equestrian runway look at The Limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment