Monday, November 18, 2013

FASHION CONFESSIONS: SOPHIA BUSH Actress

For 9 years she played Brook Davis, a fashion designer on CW’s popular teen show, One Tree Hill. Sophia’s now swapped her designer shoes and handbags for a gun and badge as she joins the cast of NBC's Chicago Fire spin-off, Chicago PD I met Sophia at the Coach’s launch party for their new holiday collection –which by the way is amazing (more to come in another post) –where we chatted about what else? Fashion.
One Tree Hill Sophia Bush at Coach's launch party.
WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
Oh god…it’s not any one thing for me. It’s across the board. I have a purse problem. I have a shoe problem; I have a fashion problem! But I also feel like, particularly in my business, it’s by far the best addiction for a young woman to have, so I’ll take it.

HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONAL STYLE?
Eclectic! One of the things I love about fashion is if you feel like being incredibly polished one night and then dressing in menswear the next day and putting on a very 50s inspired dress the night after that you can. You are allowed to be whoever you feel like being in a moment. I think fashion does that for women in a way that not many things do.

WHAT’S THE MOST PRIZED POSSESSION IN YOUR CLOSET?
I honestly don’t know.

Large leopard print clutch worn by One Tree Hill's star Sophia Bush
GET THE LOOK
Large leopard print clutch, $798, by Coach.

YOU FEEL MOST BEAUTIFUL WHEN?
I feel beautiful when I’m happy. When I have a particularly fulfilling day at work. Or when something incredible has happened with one of the nonprofits I work with. When I’m reminded how small I am on this planet and how big the world is it makes me feel fortunate, and that makes me feel beautiful.

WHO’S YOUR STYLE ICON?
In my peer group I think Kate Bosworth is absolutely flawless. The VP at Rachel Zoe, Mandana (Dayani), is one of the coolest girls I know, and just anytime she shows up anywhere she is jaw droppingly chic and cool. Then there’s women like Cate Blanchett and Charlize Theron who I just think are all stars at the fashion game.

WHICH DESIGNERS DO YOU WORSHIP?
Francis Costa at Calvin Klein just kills it. Then I love more whimsical edgy fashion as well. Helmut Lang…his menswear inspired pieces. Alexander Wang for his crazy sort of athletic glam visionary. And Phillip Lim is always on top of my list, and I find I’m really living in LNA they make the worlds best t-shirts. A.L.C. is hands down one of my favorite lines.

ONE THING YOU COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
My dogs, I couldn’t do it.

Fashion Junkie, Jessica Moazami, interviewing One Tree Hill star Sophia Bush at Coach's launch party.
Chatting with Sophia.

Photos by Barry Brecheisen and Your Trendy magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment