Monday, September 17, 2012

FASHION CONFESSIONS: SWATHI NARRA Co-Founder of Luxemi.com

photo by: Kyle Lamere

Swathi Narra graduated from Boston University with a B.S. in International Management. After living in NYC and working at Bad Boy Entertainment as the Executive Coordinator to Sean “P.Diddy” Combs she moved to Los Angeles to attend Law School where she focused on Entertainment Law. Swathi is currently a licensed attorney and the co-founder of Luxemi.com, a start-up based in Chicago that focuses on the rental and retail of Indian Inspired clothing and accessories. Luxemi, essentially a Rent the Runway meets Shopbop for luxury Indian apparel, carries the best of Indian design and craftsmanship- no passport required!

WHAT’S YOUR FASHION ADDICTION?
Anything with a global, ethnic edge. I love prints, vibrant colors, mixed patterns, and embroidery!

HOW WOULD YOU DEFINE CHICAGO FASHION STYLE?
Hmm, I think a few styles in Chicago are equally represented and it almost depends on neighborhood! Overall, I'd say the look is Urban Classic with a few über trendy moments.

WHOSE YOUR STYLE ICON?
Diane Kruger can pretty much do no wrong in my eyes. She's effortless, fashion-forward, and still manages to look comfortable all at the same time.

WHAT’S THE MOST PRIZED POSSESSION IN YOUR CLOSET?
My mom and grandmothers vintage Indian jewelry. I somehow convinced my mother to part with her ruby & diamond finger rings that belonged to my grandmother on a recent trip home. Still not sure how I got away with that one.

WHICH DESIGNERS DO YOU WORSHIP?
I love the theatricality of Jon Galliano and everything he did at Dior and If I could wear something by Rick Owens every day I'd be a happy lady. I'm also OBSESSED with Indian designers. My favorites are Rohit Bal, Anamika Khanna, Anand Kabra, and Nikasha Tawadey. The craftsmanship, colors, and details are just unreal.

ONE THING YOU COULDN’T LIVE WITHOUT?
My family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment