Monday, May 04, 2015

BEAUTY BITS: L'oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART

I was invited to the Maxine Salon, on Rush Street to test out the new L’Oréal Professionnel line, Tecni.ART. Deciding what kind of hairstyle, at the moment, is tricky as I'm currently growing my hair out. My stylist Amy Abramite, who's actually the creative director, made a great suggestion. Why don't we slick it back or to the sides? It creates the illusion that it's longer than it really is. I was totally up for this as I've wanted to achieve this look for ages but never had any success.
Eva Green the Face for L’Oréal Professionnel with slick back sides
Eva Green Celeb Ambassador for L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART

What I found out from Amy was that I've been doing it all wrong, you’re not suppose to use gel on wet hair. You actually want to use hairspray on dry hair! What?? I know totally mind blowing! To achieve this look she uses hair spray at two different stages for different reasons.
After a shampoo, Amy uses Tecni.ART Graphic Gel before blow-drying my hair section by section with a round brush.

Next Amy uses Tecni.ART Extreme LacQuer hair spray all over my hair for the first time holding the can about two feet away. It's used at this stage as a heat protector and also for frizz control. One of the unique qualities of this particular hair spray is that it also offers a 48-hour anti-frizz fix. And with thick frizzy hair like mine, I sure need it.

Amy then brushes my hair before straightening it with a flat iron.

Now we come to the fun part. She will again use the Tecni.ART Extreme Lacquer hair spray but this time instead of holding it two feet away she holds it two inches!
Tecni.ART Extreme LacQuer hair spray

She sprays my entire head, stopping at the top of my ears, and then combs it out. You want to be quick with this stage as you don't want it drying out before you've had a chance to comb it through. You have about 1-2 mins before the hair spray sets.

Voilà! You have a slicked back hair, a look that’s popular at runway shows and with celebrities like...

Vanessa Hudgens with the wet look featured on Addictions of a Fashion Junkie
Vanessa Hudgens

Kim Kardishian with the wet look featured on Addictions of a Fashion Junkie
Kim Kardashian

Kim Kardishian with slick back hair featured on Addictions of a Fashion Junkie
Hayden Panettiere

Kendall Jenner with slick back sides featured on Addictions of a Fashion Junkie
Kendall Jenner


You can get L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni.ART, at Maxine Salon, 712 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611, 312.751.1511

No comments:

Post a Comment