Thursday, October 21, 2010

Addiction twenty-seven: FRUGAL FASHION

As I’m not a millionaire or princess my love of fashion can be a costly addiction. I have two big weaknesses, handbags and cocktail dresses. Both these items are known for having expensive price tags and every time I’m in a shop I’m naturally drawn to both these departments. However throughout my years I have learned to become a savvy shopper. With the current dismal economic climate a growing trend is renting designer items instead of buying! This is a very interesting concept and perfect for our times when we are concerned about excess spending and waste. Renting allows us to constantly obtain new high-quality items without hurting our bank balance and here’s the best bit, you won’t ever be seen with the same item twice! Everyone will think you have a massive wardrobe of clothes. My favorite US renting site is Wear Today Gone Tomorrow and when I’m back in the UK I’m addicted to Girl Meets Dress. These sites allow you to borrow ridiculously expensive designer items for a fraction of its retail price. I’m in LOVE with these two dresses.....
Carolina Herrera at WEAR TODAY GONE TOMORROW Temperley at GIRL MEETS DRESS

No comments:

Post a Comment